Thursday, June 11, 2009

I believe:

*In great big stretches and yawns and sneezes
*In trying to make your own art before buying prints of others work
*That the right frame can make any picture instantly prettier
*In blowing bubbles in my chocolate milk
*In dancing when I am alone in an elevator
*In loving your pets like children
*In spoiling your pets and/or children whenever possible
*In wearing perfume every day, no matter where you are going or what you are doing
*In SPF 50 sunscreen
*In doing things just to say that I've done them
*That watching the sunrise will always make the day brighter
*In singing out loud to myself, no matter how horrible I sound
*In high thread-count sheets
*That saying the right thing in the right way can instantly change any situation or confrontation
*In dollar store, thrift store and yard sale shopping
*That regular massages are essential, not extravagant
*That my toes are people too
*In the power of exfoliation
*That things made in mini sizes are automatically cuter than the original
*That letting your kids play in the dirt (and occasionally eat some) is good for them
*In long naps whenever possible
*In aging gracefully
*In reading children's books (as an adult)
*That the right bra can change your life
*That the sounds and words you hear daily affect your mood more than you think they do
*In buying myself flowers
*In working as little as is necessary
*In moving the furniture around regularly
*In letting my hair "do it's own thing" most of the time
*That smiling makes you feel good, even if you have to fake it at first
*In asking lots of questions instead of pretending to know
*In talking to strangers and saying "Hi" to my neighbors in the hall when I see them
*That if I could stick both arms out to my sides at the right angle and run fast enough, I could fly
*That having the occasional "melt-down" keeps me more balanced than meditation (ha-ha)
*In reading several books at once
*That coloring books are therapeutic
*That things are almost always more than what they seem
*In doing whatever it takes to make myself happy because in the end, I have to answer to me

No comments: